[rescue] Rescued Sun servers, now what?!

Carl R. Friend crfriend at rcn.com
Wed Jun 15 15:34:01 CDT 2011

    On Wed, 15 Jun 2011, Scott Quinn wrote:

> I must admit from time to time using my "standard equipment low
> pressure intermittent compressed air supply" for cleaning out
> computers. Just make sure you get as much saliva out of your mouth
> as possible first [...]

    This includes beer, too.  Had I read that ten seconds earlier....

    I will admit to using this tactic as well, and for low quantities
of air -- with a little bit of extra CO2 thrown in for good measure --
it's possible to beat the "time to spray" of your typical "can of air"
so long as one has good breath control.  It helps that I was, a long
time ago, a clarinet player.

    Another trick, if your vacuum-cleaner is kitted out with one, is
to take advantage of the *exhaust* outlet -- just make sure you have
a clean bag in the thing and a secondary filter.