[rescue] Rescued Sun servers, now what?!

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 13:23:22 CDT 2011

Notes below:

On Jun 15, 2011, at 12:50 PM, vintagecoder at aol.com wrote:

> Thanks to everyone who offered to send the cables I need. I found a shop
> back in the old country that was happy to ship and I placed an order. So
far
> I am very pleased with the service but I will hold off mentioning the name
> of the store until I receive my order. I bought a couple of cables and the
> DB9 to RJ45 female adapters so hopefully I won't need to looking for this
> stuff again for a long time.

That's how I wound up with a lifetime supply of cisco cables! I had a need,
couldn't find one, when I did I got a handful, so I'll (hopefully) never need
to find one again...

> 3. Is it safe to vacuum the servers periodically with a regular vacuum
> brush or how should they be kept clean? I have a lot of dust where I live.

Uhm, no - static build-up will likely damage the server, invest in canned air,
or a small compressor that handles static issue...

Lionel