[rescue] KVM-over-ip

Jonathan Groll lists at groll.co.za
Wed Jun 15 02:48:01 CDT 2011

On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 16:37:26 -0400, Andrew Jones <andrew at jones.ec> wrote:

> On 06/14/2011 04:34 PM, Andrew G. Meyer wrote:
> >>
> >> There is a program whose name I have forgotten, which runs under *NIX,
> >> Windows and MacOS which allows you to connect as many systems as you want
> >> in a row and as you move your mouse the focus and keyboard slide to the one
> >> you want.
> >
> > Synergy.
> >

> I used this thing compulsively at work.  Synergy has been forked.
> Synergy-Plus is less buggy, but has limited platform support.
>
> At the time, original Synergy still supported Solaris and legacy UNIX,
> "Plus" didn't.  That may have changed.

To further muddy the waters, the two projects have merged back
together. I think. From the wikipedia page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synergy%2B

"On 20th June 2010, a Synergy+ project leader requested that the
Synergy+ project take over the original project [7] under the
SourceForge.net Abandoned Project Takeover (APT) system. The owner of
the Synergy project (Chris Schoeneman) denied this request two days
later. However, this led to the two projects merging two months later,
at which point a new website was created under the original Synergy
project name."

Cheers,
Jonathan
--