[rescue] Rescued Sun servers, now what?!

Mr Ian Primus ian_primus at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 14 13:23:57 CDT 2011

--- On Tue, 6/14/11, vintagecoder at aol.com <vintagecoder at aol.com> wrote:

> I need to find a reliable shop that
> ships overseas.
> If you guys have any you can personally recommend, please
> let me know.
>
> > Also, Radio Shack likely carries what you need, but at
> a price premium...
>
> No Radio Shacks anywhere to be found here!

Still, you can make a cable trivially easily - it's an RJ45 at one end, and an RS232 connector on the other. Even if you don't have an RJ45 crimp tool, you can just cut one end off an Ethernet cable and solder it into a DSUB connector. I don't know where you live, you should be able to source a connector someplace locally without having to order it.

-Ian