[rescue] VAX door key

Ian King IanK at vulcan.com
Sat Jun 11 13:43:37 CDT 2011

Sliding door?  My VAX 4000-300 has a swinging "dutch" (two-piece) door that is
unlocked with a plastic barrel key.  The power switch is a rocker on the PS.
I've seen other 4000 pedestals that use the same scheme.

The VAX-11/780(5)s and 8700 that we have at the Living Computer Museum use the
big hex key to lock the cabinet doors, as does the VAX 6000-660 in my personal
collection.  For the power switch, the VAX-11s use a metal barrel key, while
the 6000 uses a plastic one just like the one used by the 4000s.  -- Ian