[rescue] VAX door key

Carl R. Friend crfriend at rcn.com
Sat Jun 11 09:14:39 CDT 2011

    On Sat, 11 Jun 2011, Dave Fischer wrote:

> I think they're talking about the hex key for the cabinet doors, not
> the barrel key for the front panel. Pretty sure every 19" rack VAX
> cabinet big enough to have a swinging door used the same hex key.

    There were two sizes of hex-key used on VAX cabinetry, and I
believe the item being considered here, given its description, is
the large calibre one that opens the doors to the CPU cabinet.
Other cabinets used hex-keys of a smaller calibre and were universal
across many cabinet types including the 3'6" roll-around ones.