[rescue] Q: Laserjet 4050

Andrew Weiss rumbeard at mac.com
Mon Jun 6 19:35:48 CDT 2011

Chances are that's a really easy repair.  Buy 15$ pickup clutch.  Take off side covers, pop out old one put in new one.  It's most likely not a rubber thing.  Quite often the magnetic pickup clutches wear in such a way that the printer appears to attempt paper pickup but when it meets standard paper resistance the clutch doesn't fire correctly and registers a jam.  It's often easy to diagnose if the pickup foot remains down and the paper feeds 1-2 inches before the jam.

Andrew