[rescue] 3ware raid

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757tech.net
Wed Jul 27 00:07:24 CDT 2011

> hopefully with the broad range of experience on the group someone will have
> seen
> this before and can save this card from becoming gold scrap....

While I haven't encountered that exact issue, I've dealt with their cards.
Lots of them.

Is it a PCI, PCI-X, PCI 64, etc? Which card? Is it in the right type of
slot?

Do you have another computer you can test the card in? To make sure it's
not some sort of 3ware+bios versus motherboard bios issue?

I assume the writing of the flash worked all the way?

What if you disconnect all of the drives? Will it boot then?
If so, downgrade firmware?

Can you set the PC motherboard to boot from another drive first, and not
the SCSI/add in? If so, will that get you the ability to downgrade
firmware?

--
: FLICKR   http://www.flickr.com/photos/ethanotoole :