[rescue] Dec/Compaq ES40 & OpenVMS

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 07:02:24 CDT 2011

First, yes it is a nice 'box' - I figure it's about the same size as the V880
I'm picking up later today (17U according to websites I've looked at) - if
nothing else, I'll have two very solid end tables for my 'man cave' when I
clean out the basement.

Second, I've not used VMS, but I did some time with other DEC OS, so I think I
have a sense of what I'm in for - a lot of reading ;^)

Finally, I need to dig out a serial console so I can see what appears on
power-up, my VT terms are still buried in the basement...

Thanks,

Lionel