[rescue] E3500, V880, 420Rs, MacIIci systems available for free

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Fri Jul 8 13:39:13 CDT 2011

On 07/08/11 13:02, Mark G Thomas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Free for local pickup near Plymouth Meeting, PA, USA:
>
> I still have the following, all working and in excellent condition:
>
> 1x Sun E3500, with Sbus AND PCI I/O boards, spare clock board, spare CPUs
>    & boards, FC drive power supply, full compliment of 400MHz CPUs and RAM.
>
> 1x Sun V880, including 8CPUs and 16GB RAM, if I remember correctly.

I admit to being tempted by the V880.  It'd make a screaming fast DB server.

It would also, however, be *total overkill*[0] as my DB server, and no
way is Plymouth Meeting, PA local-pickup from central New Hampshire.  ;)

[0]  Then again, "There is no overkill, only 'Open fire' and 'I need to
reload.'"

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.