[rescue] rescue Digest, Vol 99, Issue 33

Scott Quinn saquinn624 at aol.com
Sun Feb 27 23:26:16 CST 2011

I don't remember SCO Unix having any weird boot filesystem at all,
although I could be wrong (it's been a _long_ time!).

I think you might be right, although SCO had a pretty-much-proprietary general
filesystem (EAFS and "divvy" slices) that made my life difficult at one point.
I'm beginning to think that Bear's right and the user part was more standard
SysVr3, straight from the "Unix Hater's Handbook" days of Unix. Along with the
FS there were I think some more surprises lurking under the cover, but users
tended to not get into that part much.