[rescue] SVR3 man pages

Andrew Jones andrew at jones.ec
Sat Feb 26 07:26:31 CST 2011

On 02/25/2011 09:59 PM, r.stricklin wrote:
> I'v always thought of ODT to be one of the most "pure" System V
> implementations you could get & that was precisely WHY it was such a
> crock.
>
> More "pure" than CLIX at any rate.
>
> ok
> bear

It's been a long time since I had to touch SCO, but I remember it being
full of really weird stuff.  For example, the root filesystem wasn't the
real root filesystem.... everything in /bin, /usr/bin, etc was symlinked
to bizarro SCO-specific paths in /opt/k/sco/something.

Also, a really weird boot process -- the kernel sat on some SCO
proprietary filesystem, then used that to load drivers to load the UFS root.

Maybe it was "pure" from a "lack of useful BSD extensions" standpoint,
but it sure didn't resemble AT&T UNIX.