[rescue] ISA IDE Controller card

Justin Haynes justin at justinhaynes.com
Fri Feb 25 14:51:43 CST 2011

This hardware is probably too commonplace to discuss on this list.  But if
you do have an old ISA IDE/floppy/io controller you would be willing to part
with, I can connect you with a friend off list who would gladly purchase it
for some data recovery work.  Seems they had an old PC that was attached to
a tape drive and had some other data on an older ATA drive.  The most
elegant solution to get all the data off the tapes and from that drive is
actually to replace the burnt out ISA card rather than to try and use either
the HD or the tape on more modern hardware.

I don't know any more of the details, but one of these cards would be very
useful to them.  I've found them new for $100-110, so I expect a used old
one might fetch 20-50?

Thanks, and I hope this hardware isn't too declasse' to discuss on this
list.  :-)

-Justin

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of ide-controller1.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of ide-controller2.jpg]