[rescue] SCSI2 to IDE (was: Re: SCSI 50 to 68 to 80 pin thingies)

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Tue Feb 22 04:38:51 CST 2011

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 07:42:43PM -0500, Ethan O'Toole wrote:
> I've used the ACARD SCSI to IDE bridges in music samplers and stuff
> (Yamaha, ESI.) I read people had success with them on SGI Indigos.

I paired one with a Pioneer DVD-RW drive, and used it successfully on a Sun
Ultra 30, an old Umax box, and an Amiga. It just worked. What I particularly
liked is that it understood the obscure READ CDDA command and instructed the
ATAPI drive to do the right thing.

They also work just fine with hard disks, of course.