[rescue] kind of [SUMMARY] SIL3124 and Solaris Sparc support

Michael-John Turner mj at mjturner.net
Thu Feb 10 04:28:59 CST 2011

On Tue, Feb 08, 2011 at 10:53:32PM -0600, Jerry Kemp wrote:
> It was suggested that I would not be able to find such an animal, and
> that my Plan B should be to replace my eSATA card with a SAS hba.  I
> was given an added pointer that the LSI1068 chip set would be a good
> place to start looking, again with the stipulation of OpenBoot
> support.

This list may help: http://blog.zorinaq.com/?e=10 (it's a summary of
multi-port SAS/SATA controllers supported by Linux and Solaris). Although
the Solaris focus is x86_64, it's a useful starting point for finding cards
that use a particular chipset (several that use the LSI 1068E are
mentioned, for example).

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner