[rescue] e3500 won't power on

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Mon Aug 22 19:59:44 CDT 2011

I decided to play with the e3500 today, so I moved it from the garage to
the basement.  Since I was alone, i removed all of the boards, power
supplies, and drives from it, carried the chassis downstairs and
reassembled.  Also plugged in the A5000, powered it up and gave it a few
minutes to get started before booting the e3500.  Powered up the 3500,
did a probe-fcal-all and when the output was taking a few minutes,
looked at the machine.  It had powered itself off.  Reseated boards and
power supplies, and it still will not power up.  When I turn on the
switch on the Power supply, I hear some relays click inside, but it does
not power up when i turn the key.  Console output from just before this
issue pasted below.  Any Ideas?

     -Dan Sikorski

pHardware Power ON

5-slot Sun Enterprise E3500, No Keyboard
OpenBoot 3.2.30, 6656 MB memory installed, Serial #9039367.
Copyright 2002 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All rights reserved
Ethernet address 8:0:20:89:ee:7, Host ID: 8089ee07.

{6} ok probe-fcal-all
/sbus at 2,0/SUNW,socal at 2,0/sf at 1,0