[rescue] Need to find

J. Alexander Jacocks jjacocks at mac.com
Mon Aug 22 14:43:20 CDT 2011

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 3:35 PM, Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net>
wrote:
> On 08/22/11 15:17, Michael Vergallen wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

>> am looking for a PCI-X SCSI Differential card ... I can seem to find any
>> info on those cards. if anyone has one can they give a part number so I
>> don4t get a wrong one. need to connect a HP DL580 G2 to an SUN D1000
>> because my E4000 is dying and I need to move the array over.
>
> Michael, you may have asked JUST BARELY in time.  My large box of
> assorted expansion cards[1] contains an Adaptec 3940UW (known working
> when last used) and two Mylex DAC1164Ps (believed working but probably
> need new cache batteries).  You're welcome to any or all three for
> actual cost of shipping, if they're of use to you.

Unfortunately, he needs an HVD card.  However, the Sun card in your
E4000 (assuming that you are using the PCI I/O board, and not the SBus
one) should be flashable for PC use.  If my memory serves, the Sun
X6541A dual differential (HVD) pci card is identical to the LSI 22802
card, and thus the fcode and be replaced by a PC SCSI BIOS.  I've done
this, in the other direction, several times.

The good news is that those cards go for dirt, these days.
Anysystem.com has the Sun version for $20+ship, for instance.

Good luck!
- Alex