[rescue] Wanted: Solaris ISOs, etc (for the SunHELP archive)

Jonathan J. M. Katz jon at jonworld.com
Mon Aug 8 12:20:54 CDT 2011

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 1:11 PM, Nemo <cym224 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Did they make a TS 9 or 10?
>
> From what I remember, TS was discontinued and the stuff -- technical
> term, that -- became security extensions to Solaris.

I should know this, but there are cobwebs where that knowledge used to
be. The trusted extensions (access control, etc) are built into 10, so
there was no need for a separate "trusted" release. There was "big
internal debate" as to whether or not to port the extensions from 8 to
9 and I don't think they did, because they wanted to focus all those
resources on making 10 the pinnacle of engineering. 9 had RBAC,
projects(?), and a lot of the goodies that were in TS8.

Are the Blueprints documents still available? Those would be worth
archiving if they could be found.