[rescue] Full rack of UltraSparc2 vintage gear

Arno Kletzander Arno_1983 at gmx.de
Mon Apr 4 14:51:35 CDT 2011

Hello  Mr. Kropelin,

sorry for the late reply - I had read the original post but all forgotten about it. Some of the stuff you are listing would be of interest to me, but I4d have to convince a friend who works in Rochester to pick it up and bring it with him since I4m sitting here on the other side of a big pond, so I4d need just a couple more days to get to him and ask him what he4s able and willing to store and forward...probably just the small gear (a Netra T1 and the A1000 - I4ll be picking up one of its dumb cousins D1000 w/o the built-in hardware RAID controller on a road trip later this year), but if I4m lucky he4ll also help me to an E220R - there were some at University here which unfortunately disappeared upon decommissioning although they were already tagged with my name.

The rack is of course out of question although it4s a really nice one and I could use one at my newly rented storage spot.
And I don4t feel a burning need for a tape library right now.
You see it would probably involve some hassle mainly for my friend and I could wait until something pops up more locally so if you get any other takers I4m gladly out, but before the stuff gets tossed, I4d try to save some.

Yours sincerely,
Arno Kletzander
...sent from HTC Magician PDA

----- Urspr|ngliche Nachricht -----