[rescue] Mark Weller is out of the office on vacation...

Andy Wallis rawallis at panix.com
Fri Sep 3 16:39:01 CDT 2010

On Sep 3, 2010, at 5:20 PM, Richard wrote:

> He's not required to remain subscribed to mailing lists while on
> vacation.  Yahoo, hotmail and gmail accounts are free and you can
> easily segregate non-work mail from work mail such that you don't have
> to subject the internet to work-mandated idiocy.

At $WORK, webmail providers are blocked because the Security munckins see as
an easy entrance vector. I think there was an incident a long time ago of
virii getting inside because someone did something stupid with Hotmail
attachments.

Given the most popular websites that people hit while at work are E-Trade,
Facebook, and Youtube, I'm not surprised.
I still shake my head that they unblocked social network sites. I'll blame
that on an EVP playing too much Farmville.

-Andy Wallis