[rescue] Pull firmware from Seagate SCSI disk to put into another one

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757tech.net
Fri Oct 29 15:33:13 CDT 2010

> not just the sector size, i take it?  sformat can do that.

Sector size is one issue.

When the IOS boards boot they don't seem to see the seagate hard drives I
have in place (although the problem could be the 68 pin to 80 pin
adaptors.)

But I saw other people's bootup and their hard drives are identifying
themselves as Cray disks. They have a short model # being reported as the
SCSI ID.

--
: FLICKR   http://www.flickr.com/photos/ethanotoole :