[rescue] cisco soho 71

Dr. Robert Pasken 300a rpasken at eas.slu.edu
Fri Oct 29 14:35:56 CDT 2010

I picked up at auction a cisco soho 71 router (4 port switch and wan
port) cheaply ($0.99). Attempting to follow cisco's instructions for
removing a passwd I screwed up badly and have put garbage into the
flash. I can get to the rommon prompt. Is there any way I can recover
the IOS that was on the box? Is there any way to get a copy of IOS-12.2,
that was on the box without paying an arm and leg to cisco? Have I
turned my box to a brick? These are all questions for the inquiring mind.