[rescue] Easiest way to run an old Sparc binary on another unix?

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757tech.net
Fri Oct 29 11:00:21 CDT 2010

Hello everyone, I have an old Sparc binary that I tested on Solaris 2.6.
It works.

I'd like to run this in a VM or emulation on a different unix. It has to
be something that doesn't add more power draw to what I'm currently
running.

I found this old transitive thing that gave me hope but then found that
IBM bought it and killed it.

I guess the other option would be trying to run QEmu + Solaris 2.5 or 2.6.
Has anyone tried this? I'm hoping this application can run in single
usermode. Basically it's an override password hash generator for old
hardware from a company Lucent bought. There is no free way to get an
override password for the equipment (to reset the password if you don't
know it), so I'm planning to bring one to the intarweb.

--
: FLICKR   http://www.flickr.com/photos/ethanotoole :