[rescue] ohno.mrbill.net / sunhelp might be going away

Scott Newell newell at cei.net
Wed Oct 27 13:37:04 CDT 2010

At 12:22 PM 10/27/2010, Bill Bradford wrote:

>Now they want me to start paying full price.  Looks like it's going to be
>$158/month, for 1U of rack space and 1megabit sustained bandwidth.

Any idea how much transfer you normally use in a month?  Disk space
required?  I'm just wondering (ever the cheapskate here) if a VPS
(such as prgmr.com: 320 GiB transfer, 48 GiB disk for $36/month) might work.

Someone check my math, but I think 1 mbit sustained works out to
about 320 GiB/month.

--
newell  N5TNL