[rescue] U5 coming, looking for some advice

John Ruschmeyer jruschme at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 05:59:47 CDT 2010

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 11:54 PM, Jerry Kemp <sun.mail.list47 at oryx.cc>wrote:

> For personal, at home systems I have stuck with OpenSolaris Nevada (not
> Indiana) Build 130.
>
> Jerry

I confess that I'm a bit naive about the OpenSolaris releases. It looks like
2009.06 was the last official release and was somewhere around build
112-116.

The absolute last build available as an iso on OpenSolaris.org appears to be
build 134.

If I went the OpenSolaris route, are there any gotchas I should be aware of
(i.e., releases to avoid)? Would I do better with 2009.06 or should is 130
recommended or am I safe to go to 134?

Thanks
John