[rescue] Dell LCDs, was Re: Talking of SGI...

Steven M Jones smj+rescue at crash.com
Wed Oct 20 12:14:15 CDT 2010

Joshua Boyd wrote:

> I would prefer an NEC, Samsung, or other brand than Dell, but the Dell
> is what I found on Craigslist.

I like high-end displays too, but bear in mind Dell sources panels from
a variety of suppliers. The 2001FP's that I have used a nice Phillips
panel and they've been very good to me over the years. At different
times some of Dell's better models have used IPS panels, which are quite
nice. So there can be some nice examples if you search carefully.

/--/S.