[rescue] SGI goodies anyone? - Power consumption..

Ian Finder ian.finder at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 00:29:37 CDT 2010

> Since our house is all-electric, I just used the Challenge L as a furnace;
> eight months of the year it was a straight swap for regular electric heat,
> money-wise.  The other four months, well, we don't budget that closely....

This. Never feel guilty for running your collection in the winter.
It's more efficient than a space heater... (Though that isn't saying
much, but look at how many people use them...)

For a while I ran my large rack Onyx off a generator because my house
didn't have 220. I was measuring compute performance in instructions
per gallon.

--
   Ian Finder
   (206) 395-MIPS