[rescue] SGI goodies anyone?

JP Hindin jplist2008 at kiwigeek.com
Mon Oct 11 09:01:18 CDT 2010

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> On 10/11/10 09:48, JP Hindin wrote:
> > If Chris will wait until after I've come by, Dan, I'll leave a complete
> > and working Octane for him. They're too damn heavy to ship, and I don't
> > want to part them out, but I've got 14 of the bloody things, so I'm happy
> > to give them away.
>
> Always nice to find a good home for a good machine.

I think I've posted to the list before, but, you know, if anyone lives
near Iowa and wants one, mail off list!

They appear to all be dual 300mHz R12ks w/512M of RAM and MXE video. No
disks, no sleds (although I may have a spare lying around if you're really
nice). There's usually cosmetic damage, usually limited to scuffs and
scratches, and a few are missing their front doors, but most are intact.

As anyone who has handled an Octane knows, they're heavier than Nibbler's
crap, so shipping is nixed. You don't want to pay it, and I don't want to
try and find a box heavy-duty enough or packing material.

 - JP