[rescue] SGI goodies anyone?

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Sat Oct 9 14:32:25 CDT 2010

On 10/9/2010 1:12 PM, Christopher Purdy wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> I recently have gotten back into collecting - and thanks to a list member I
> finally got around to resurrecting an Octane.  As such, my SGI fetish is in
> full force.
>
> I'm looking for the following:
> IRIX media - 6.5.22 or later
> Indigo2 systems - R10K
> Indigo R4400 systems
> Deskside systems - an Onyx 2 would be the goal...
> Octane dual CPU modules (better than 195Mhz)
> SCA HDD's
> Octane Video boards with texture ram

If you are going to get into SGI stuff, it is worth heading over to the
nekochan forums at forums.nekochan.net, if you haven't already.  You
might not find the install media there (strict no software trading
policy) but that could be a good place to find parts.

Anyway, what sort of SCA HDDs are you looking for?  I'm fairly certain I
have some 9 and 18 gig drives that will work in an Octane, if you are
interested in stuff that small.  I may have a 73 gig drive or two as
well.  I don't think I have any spare Octane style HD trays though.