[rescue] FW: Voyager framebuffer?

Daniel Eugene Forsythe defor at me.com
Thu Oct 7 12:18:25 CDT 2010

> I thought about the idea of doing an IDE to SCSI adaptor in it, but didn't think it would fit.
>
> It was pretty difficult getting it apart to add a battery to the nvram!

I'm using IDE to SCSI adapters pulled from PowerBook 500 series machines that shipped with 1GB drives (apple couldn't procure any 1gb scsi 2.5" drives, so all 1gb PB 500's have these adapters on a stock ide drive...

There are some other variants of them out there, but these do work I've found, although with an 8GB drive limit.. still good enough for compact flash...

using one in my voyager, and a second in my Thinkpad 820

after I realized that the LCD assembly needs removed first, everything ended up being much easier.