[rescue] FW: Voyager framebuffer?

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757tech.net
Thu Oct 7 11:59:37 CDT 2010

> That's the Voyager I used to have, isn't it?  I remember finding that
> after I got OpenBSD installed on it, there was no room to unpack the
> ports tree, and just deleting the partially-unpacked ports tree to have
> free space on the disk was taking many hours.  That was not just a small
> disk (about 500MB, iirc), it was a small, SLOOOOOOOOOOOW disk.

Phil, I've got your Voyager. I installed Solaris 2.5.1 (trusted) on it,
and I don't notice it being any slower than any other Sparcstation of that

I thought about the idea of doing an IDE to SCSI adaptor in it, but didn't
think it would fit.

It was pretty difficult getting it apart to add a battery to the nvram!

--
: FLICKR   http://www.flickr.com/photos/ethanotoole :