[rescue] FW: Voyager framebuffer?

Ian King IanK at vulcan.com
Tue Oct 5 23:16:44 CDT 2010

I guess I should feel fortunate - I have the unit, keyboard, mouse, AC supply,
battery unit, the end piece for when you're not using the AC and all the
cables.  When I got it, the display had a broken backlight and the NVRAM was
dead.  I was very fortunate to find a new display on eBay, and the NVRAM chip
was available from (ISTR) Mouser and went in easily (socketed, even!).  I have
one extra memory card, for a total of 48MB.  Oh, I have the carry bag, too.
It runs fine from the command line, but I can't get the GUI to start up, in
either Solaris 2.6 or NetBSD 5.0.2.

A thought: does anyone here know what the sbus probe is actually reading, and
how it's translating that into the string?  I'm still learning about this
little guy.  -- Ian