[rescue] FW: Voyager framebuffer?

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Tue Oct 5 23:03:05 CDT 2010

On 10/05/2010 11:54 PM, Ian King wrote:
> Mine is monochrome, and the sbus probe in OpenBoot shows it as a bwthree.

Never heard of a bwthree. I've heard of a cgthree, but that's a color
framebuffer. Maybe you've got a prototype? I've never seen one of the
monochrome units, so I can't say.

> Are there really that few of these in the wild?  I saw one on eBay - non-working, without a keyboard or mouse, for $500 (!).

There aren't too many in the wild working and complete with their
keyboard/mouse. Ebay's pricing is absurd for the broken ones, given that
the keyboard is generally the unobtanium part.

~spot