[rescue] FW: Voyager framebuffer?

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Tue Oct 5 22:23:28 CDT 2010

On 10/05/2010 05:56 PM, Ian King wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm new to this list, too.  :-)  A member on the below list suggested I
> forward my question here.  Thanks for any enlightenment you can offer.  (Yes,
> I've searched the archives.)  -- Ian

If memory serves, the Sun Voyager came in two configurations:

Monochrome (bw2?)
Color (cg6) Sun part # 501-2393

I seem to recall that the cg6 in the SS240 was a bit odd, but NetBSD
should work on it. There was a Solaris package of "Voyager drivers" in
Solaris 8 and older, called SUNWvygdr.m but I couldn't tell you if there
was a framebuffer driver in there or not. Solaris 8 was the last
supported OS for that hardware.

hth,

~spot (who desperately wants a working Voyager for his collection)