[rescue] Using a Fire V240 as a desktop...

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Mon Nov 29 05:34:55 CST 2010

On 11/29/10 05:31, Caleb Cupples wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 4:23 AM, Caleb Cupples <cscupples at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks to Zach Lowry, I'm the proud owner of a Sun Fire V240 and an
>> Expert 3D framebuffer (which were quite lovely 21st birthday presents
>> to myself), which leads me to this question.. Is there any way I can
>> make the large, pretty noisemaker talk to the framebuffer, so I don't
>> have to login via serial console? Also, thanks to Zach, I've a USB
>> Crossbow mouse and a Type 6 keyboard, but both are, unfortunately,
>> useless unless I get the thing to work with the framebuffer.
>
> Please, ignore the last post. I completely forgot about changing the
> settings in OpenFirmware, so please, please forgive my newbie moment.
> I have it working perfectly now.

Never underestimate the power of the Ritual of Appeal to Public Forum.
It's great for solving minor configuration errors, finding lost keys,
remembering the date of your maiden aunt's birthday ....  just ask in
public, and thirty seconds later you'll figure it out.  :)

Congrats on getting your V240 up.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.