[rescue] [rehash] x86 power supply question

nate at portents.com nate at portents.com
Mon Nov 22 12:38:16 CST 2010

I prefer to read in-depth reviews of specific models of power supplies
that push a design to it's limits in a hot-box, show me graphs of the
performance under various load conditions with evidence of the quality of
the power it puts out, the results of over- and under-voltage tests and how
well the protection circuits do, as well as a disassembly and breakdown of
the design and components used and the quality of the internal soldering,
all of which you can find at a site like jonnyguru.com:

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Review_Cat&recatnum=13

Some recently well-reviewed power supplies are in the Seasonic X-series:

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=202
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=169

Also hardwaresecrets.com does a pretty good job with their reviews:

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/page/power

- Nate