[rescue] SPARCEngine AXi NVRAM problem

pete leaknoil at charter.net
Sat Nov 20 12:51:38 CST 2010

On 11/20/2010 8:31 AM, John Ruschmeyer wrote:
> Okay, now I'm totally confused...
> As I said, the IDPROM seems to be set correctly to a valid mac id, hostid,
> and checksum. On a whim, I did an 'arp -a', though, and discovered that the
> ethernet device seems to believe that its mac id is all zeroes.
>
> I can understand the zeroes if the battery were dead, but why am I seeing a
> valid value in the IDPROM and banner?

Could it be the wrong NVRAM type in there ? Maybe the old one died and
they tried to stick one from another box in there that isnt exactly the
same part.

I have a SS10 with a NVRAM from something else in it. While it keeps the
time and info it generates an error in diags about result not expected
or such. I forget now but, it was something like that.