[rescue] Octane won't talk to the outside world...

Steve Sandau ssandau at gwi.net
Fri Nov 19 21:55:50 CST 2010

> after more than 2 decades, vi is almost reflexive.  i don't see the
> point in spending time and effort to learn how to do what i can
> already do almost without thinking.
>
> " When things get REALLY fun is when you find yourself on a vxo with a
> " terminal so broken vi doesn't work.
> "
> "
> " This is when cat and perl are your friends...
>
> sed.  ksh scripting.  [i learned that 20+ years ago too]

Yes, I have met some stupid java terminal implementations. I have
resorted to 'sed', 'head', 'tail' and 'cat >>' just to clean up hosts
files and resolv.conf to make basic things work. It's pretty cool when
you can do that though. I really should know the non-visual editor,
probably like using "edlin" in dos...

Steve