[rescue] External SCSI CDROM for SGI?

Steven M Jones smj+rescue at crash.com
Mon Nov 1 17:50:01 CDT 2010

William Barnett-Lewis wrote:
> Any suggestions? I can get around the no root password easy enough but
> I'd rather do a fresh install of the OS anyway.

One caution - it's worth getting into the installed system at least to
check for software licenses. Look for the usual FlexLM license.dat file
at least, there might be other things lurking. IRIX includes a fairly
easy-to-use GUI backup tool (using cpio, I think) if you have a
compatible tape drive handy.

I'll also second that recommendation -- lots of useful information and
discussions on the nekochan.net wiki and forums for any SGI owner.

Good news, and good luck!
/--/Steve.