[rescue] Where to find IRIX 6.5 CDs

Caleb Cupples cscupples at gmail.com
Sat May 29 02:37:15 CDT 2010

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 12:34 AM, Ethan O'Toole <ethan at 757tech.net> wrote:
>> All this talk about SGI boxen has caused me to take the plunge and get
>> an Octane2, so now I'm in need of OS discs. Does anyone on here have a
>> good source for software, or possibly an install set lying about, so I
>> can get an OS on this blue brick?
>
> http://thepiratebay.org/search/irix/0/99/0
>
> Who would have thought?
>
> There is also some Solaris stuff on there.

Thanks, everyone for all the help. I admit, TPB was not my first
choice, given my ISP's nasty habit of shaping torrent traffic, but it
seems to be the easiest solution. I do tend to have a thing for
holding original install media, when I can get my hands on it, but I'm
just happy that I can get the heavy blue brick up and running, with a
minimum of drama, compared to some other projects I've attempted.

Thanks, yet again.
Caleb
--
C. Scott Cupples
Sociology Undergraduate,

Vice President-Elect, TTU Unix Users Group

Phone: 510.859.3573
Email: cscupples at gmail.com