[rescue] The $125.00 E10K gets no bids...

Skeezics Boondoggle skeezicsb at gmail.com
Fri May 28 22:18:12 CDT 2010

On Fri, 28 May 2010, stephen price wrote:

>> someone should email the guy and ask
>> that he not scrap it.
>
> It's  a liquidation house in Austin -
>
> Its close to me - I'm in Ft Worth - but no way to get it here and no place
> to put it either ....
> <sigh>

oy, this just kills me.  the same place has a quad-480Mhz E450 for
$25, 420Rs and 280Rs for $5, and they had a 6-way E4500 for $45 or so.
 wow.  i suppose they just want to move boxes, and don't have the
time/energy/patience to part them all out - which is great, but... i
hope the alternative isn't that they end up getting scrapped.  those
480Mhz modules are almost as rare as the 464Mhz ones for the
Exx00/E10k.  i always wanted to try a pair in a 220R or 420R, which
can run their UPA at 4:1...

okay, so the powerball jackpot is up to $220M.  is it time for all us
sad sacks to pool a few bucks ea and do a group Rescue buy?  even
split n ways, that'd buy a LOT of old hardware. :-)

-- chris