[rescue] The $125.00 E10K gets no bids...

Rick Hamell hamellr at gmail.com
Fri May 28 10:36:23 CDT 2010

On 5/28/10 6:57 AM, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> On 05/28/10 09:10, JP Hindin wrote:
>> On Thu, 27 May 2010, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>>> At $125, I'd have loved to take it just to preserve it, but no way can I
>>> afford to get it here from Austin.
>>
>> I'm with Phil;
>>
>> I'd buy it just for the spares for my own - but, like him, no way I can
>> get any of it back to Iowa at any reasonable expense.
>
> Of course, it did occur to me last night I know a guy in Georgia who has
> a deuce-and-a-half...   still, just the fuel for the trip would have
> been more than I can afford right now.

I'm in a similar situation right now. My motorhome is broken down in
Ogden Utah, and I need to get it to Klamath Falls, Oregon. The cheapest
I can get it towed is $2k (700 miles+needs to pass through two Point of
Entry roadblocks due to it's size.) Add in the cost of repairs and I'm
better off selling that one for scrap, re-selling the extra engine that
is sitting in K Falls, and buying a new one.

Yet the sentimental value of the thing skews the entire equation, not to
mention the time and work I put into it already. Add in the fact that
I'm still on the Government dole for unemployment and it becomes harder
to justify the cost.

--
Rick Hamell

Linkedin Profile - http://www.linkedin.com/pub/6/946/27
Technology Blog - http://www.1nova.com/blog
Pacific Northwest Photo Blog - http://www.1nova.com/photoblog
http://RickHamell.com
http://Hamell.Net

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of hamellr.vcf]