[rescue] largest system I've owned

JP Hindin jplist2008 at kiwigeek.com
Fri May 28 08:30:05 CDT 2010

On Thu, 27 May 2010, Richard wrote:

> In article <AANLkTin_uzMoZWOknrez_-2DopZGaUeXEnVCWQ4evwFx at mail.gmail.com>,
>     Ian Finder <ian.finder at gmail.com>  writes:
>
> > This is epic.
>
> They had more stuff too, I just didn't bid on those lots.  IIRC, there

I'm with Richard, I've been to this facility twice now.
The first time:
http://www.kiwigeek.com/hjp/comps/SGI_Onyx/MO_Trip_2007-10-04-1.jpg
http://www.kiwigeek.com/hjp/comps/SGI_Onyx/MO_Trip_2007-10-04-2.jpg
(Onyx 10000 rack, Origin 2000 rack, 2x E450, Onyx2 deskside)

The second time:
http://www.kiwigeek.com/cgi-bin/jpgal?s=g&nd=Octo2009PickatBoei
(6x Onyx2 racks, Sun SparcArray, VAX4000-300, Proliant (on the pallet
w/the VAX), 15x Octane, 1x Octane2, 3x UE4000)
I paid less than $500 for all of the above.

(The latter pictures actually show damage to the trailer, in a moment of
lacking concentration (we believe) I hit something on the road which was
flipped up by the rear tyres on the trailer and folded the wheel fender
in, scraping all the rubber off the rear tyre. Much panic and smoke.)

> Plus I got to meet Jay West (guy who runs cctalk/classiccmp) in person :-).

Jay lives down there? No kidding. Maybe next time I go I should look him
up :P

 - JP