[rescue] The $125.00 E10K gets no bids...

JP Hindin jplist2008 at kiwigeek.com
Fri May 28 08:10:47 CDT 2010

On Thu, 27 May 2010, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> On 05/27/10 23:18, Steve Hatle wrote:
> > The E10K in Austin, TX closed with no bids at an open price of $124.99
> >
> > Wow...how the mighty have fallen. Granted, it's not a box for everyone but
> > man, makes me want to point it out to the reseller here in town that's been
> > sitting on two at $3K each for over a year, and see if  he'll "see reason"
> > :-)
>
> At $125, I'd have loved to take it just to preserve it, but no way can I
> afford to get it here from Austin.

I'm with Phil;

I'd buy it just for the spares for my own - but, like him, no way I can
get any of it back to Iowa at any reasonable expense.

Even if I was able to find a helpful listmember in TX who could deal with
it (and, realistically, who would want to pick up an E10k for someone
else, strip it, box up and ship the innards and then deal/dump the
remainder?)... the most valuable bits - the processor modules or the
originally $500k centreplane - don't exactly ship well.

 - JP