[rescue] ... payphones

Jason T silent700 at gmail.com
Thu May 27 14:17:32 CDT 2010

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 2:02 PM, Ethan O'Toole <ethan at 757tech.net> wrote:
> Hey that's sweet! Never saw those!
> Will have to add that to the list of ones that would fit at the hacker
> space.

I've never seen one in the wild either. I just lucked into it on a
phone collectors' list a few years back.  It will receive calls but
can only dial 800 numbers :(  There's a standard modular jack inside
to hook a phone line up to so you don't have to hack up the wiring.

Now you've got me on the trail of a Public Phone 2000, too :)  Here's
a pic of one for others to enjoy:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/signifying/434654622/

Cool weatherproofed (or at least spillproofed - I doubt these were
ever mounted outside) keyboard!