[rescue] WTB: SGI (MIPS architecture) Systems

Scott Quinn saquinn624 at aol.com
Tue May 25 18:55:37 CDT 2010

Another plus for the O3(x) series - default console speed of 38.4Kb.

Seriously - unless you can get a O200 100% free I'd say go for the O3(x).
Faster, more efficient, better thought out. They didn't come in tower config,
but it's very hard to find an O200 that still has its tower skins.

My Tandem-badged Challenge came home in a Volvo 240 :). Hardware-wise it's an
Everest box, no special Tandem hardware there. It did, supposedly, ship with a
software package from Tandem that improved reliabililty/availability, but that
was long gone when I got the box (though the increase in the hardware specs
over the original box was substantial).