[rescue] WTB: SGI (MIPS architecture) Systems

Andrew Jones andrew at jones.ec
Mon May 24 20:28:34 CDT 2010

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 07:29:11PM -0400, Dave Fischer wrote:

> >My pair has 2x 180 in one chassis, and 2x 225 in the other.  The OS detects
> >each pair at the correct speeds.  I haven't had any problems, and I did use
> >the O200s for intensive work for a couple months after upgrading to the 225s.
>
> Oh great, I'll try.
>
> Maybe it's "unsupported but works", like SS1000's.

Also: the more I think about the FW issue, the more I seem to recall that
it's not that they have to match.  The newer FW just has to be the "master,"
set via the hidden jumper panel.  The "master" node powers on the slave and
does all the setup.

This is all really foggy.  I could be pretty wrong.

I know for sure that I had to spend some time experimenting with this, but
it was all a long time ago.  Things have worked so well since then that I
have not been driven back to experimentation.