[rescue] WTB: SGI (MIPS architecture) Systems

Andrew Jones andrew at jones.ec
Mon May 24 18:18:00 CDT 2010

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 05:22:47PM -0400, Dave Fischer wrote:
> andrew at jones.ec writes:
>
> >It's not hard to persuade an arbitrary pair of O200s to link.  You don't
> >have to buy them pre-configured for that purpose.
>
> I thought they had to have identical CPUs.
>
> I guess I should try connecting mine (mismatched CPU speeds) and
> see what it says.

My pair has 2x 180 in one chassis, and 2x 225 in the other.  The OS detects
each pair at the correct speeds.  I haven't had any problems, and I did use
the O200s for intensive work for a couple months after upgrading to the 225s.

The only problem I can remember pertained to firmware, and even that's misty.
I would make sure they're both on the same revision, just to be safe.