[rescue] WTB: SGI (MIPS architecture) Systems

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Sat May 22 17:56:35 CDT 2010

On 05/21/10 16:11, nate at portents.com wrote:
> On Fri, 21 May 2010 13:03:36 -0700, James C <james at frantech.ca> wrote:
>> I'd love to get my hands on a Fuel.
>
> Occasionally I look for a cheap Tezro, but they aren't cheap yet.  (If
> anyone ever comes across any, let me know.)

Holy crap.  I just looked for Tezros on eBay out of curiosity, and
they're running anywhere from $2100 BIN for a 4x700 with V12 graphics,
2GB RAM, 73GB disk and DVD drive, to $75000 BIN for a 4x800 with V12,
3GB, 1TB Stone Storage (whatever that is; it's new to me), 24" monitor
and a Wacom tablet.

A couple of those listings mentioned 'discreet smoke', 'discreet flame'
... what *are* those?  They sound like codenames for military operations
to me.  I could TOTALLY see a covert op being codenamed Discreet Smoke.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.