[rescue] UnOracle patches for Solaris (Sandwich Maker)

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Fri May 21 10:50:36 CDT 2010

On 05/21/10 11:31, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> Phil Stracchino wrote:
>> All told, with supplier charges, transmission charges, foo charges, bar
>> charges, charge charges, because we feel like it charges, energy tax,
>> tax tax, etc, we're currently paying 15.3 cents/kWh.  60A at 240V is
>> 14.4kW, which is 345.6kWh per day.  At 15.3c/kWh, I make that about $53
>> per *day* to run an E10K on our residential power service.
>>
>> Now, if I had a Mr.Fusion.....  :)
>
> Didn't some Japanese company design a room-sized nuclear reactor for use
> by a single company?

There are actually quite a few mini-reactor designs in development right
now, starting iirc with a 10MW reactor that you could put in the back of
a van.  It's a shame Bogdan Maglich's "Migma" neutral-beam fusion
reactor didn't work out; the theory says that one should have been
scalable down to about the size of a 100-gallon drum.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.